In times like this it is important to speak up. Also, as a white woman, this is not a time for me to speak. This is a time to amplify the voices of Black People, Indigenous People, and People of Colour. As we watch events unfold in the world, it is important to look within ourselves and within our families.
Here are some reading lists to help:
- How to Be an Antiracist: Audiobook Picks
- These Books Can Help You Explain Racism and Protest to Your Kids
- #BlackLivesMatter: A Reading List to Understand Systemic Racism & Uplift Black Authors
- #BlackLivesMatter Syllabus from Vancouver Public Library
- ‘Polite racism’ infects Canada says Olympian who was on front lines of Oka protests 30 years ago
- Guelph Black Heritage Society
- White people have to step up to identify systemic racism in Canada, labour expert says
Dear clients and community, we are listening and welcome BIPOC voices.