Child & Adolescent Treatment
Children and teens may experience difficulty coping with a variety of issues as they mature. They may have anxiety and/or excessive worry. It can be a challenge for them to go to school. Sometimes, they may have difficulty getting along with peers. Family circumstances and relationships may change — divorce or separation, moving, or even a significant loss may trigger feelings and behaviours that are overwhelming for your child.
At Insight Psychology, we provide a range of psychological services to help children and adolescents learn positive ways of coping with stress and other challenges of daily life. Our team of experienced clinicians provide exceptional, trusted help to children, teens, and parents who are struggling with a wide range of issues. We offer individual counselling, as well as consultations with parents and schools, to help you find the best way to support your child.
Psychological Treatment for Children & Adolescents
Individual counselling for children or adolescents may take a variety of different approaches to address the identified concerns. Depending on the age of the child or teen, it could include talk therapy or it might involve a specific treatment approach, based on the specific challenges that the individual and their family is facing. Our experienced and compassionate team of clinicians can offer a wide range of approaches to suit your family’s needs.
Parent consultations can be a good starting point for connecting with our team and learning about services that could help you, as well as your child or teen. If you are looking for guidance, insight, and support in determining if your child or teen’s behaviour is “normal”, then a parent consultation is a great place to start.
When your child’s difficulty involves a school-related issue, we are able to work collaboratively with parents, teachers, and other school support personnel to ensure that the child or teen can improve their functioning. We can also provide consultations for schools to assess complex diagnostic issues.
Common Psychological Problems for Children & Adolescents
- Anger management
- Anxiety or phobias
- Attachment-related problems
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD/ADD)
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Behaviour and/or emotion regulation
- Depression or low mood
- Developmental disorders
- Difficulty adjusting to life changes or stages
- Difficulty dealing with divorce or separation
- Eating disorders
- Gender identity and/or sexuality issues
- Grief and loss
- Interpersonal or familial conflict
- Managing the pressure of sports, arts, or academic performance
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) or related issues
- Peer conflict
- Poor academic results
- Poor self-esteem and/or self-concept
- Social skills development
- Specific Learning Disability (SLD)
- Suicidal thoughts or behaviour
- Academic and Reading Remediation
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
- Attachment-based Parenting Consultation
- Brief Solution-Focused Therapy
- Client Centered Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy
- Emotion-Focused Therapy
- Executive Functioning Coaching
- Group Therapy
- Insight-oriented Therapy
- Interpersonal Therapy
- Mindfulness-based Therapy
- Narrative Therapy
- Social Skills Training
- Solution-Focused Therapy
Schedule an appointment with our team and give your child the support that they need.